Welcome to the Personal Development page of St Andrew's Academy, where we believe in nurturing not just academic excellence but also the holistic growth of every student. Our commitment to providing a well-rounded education extends beyond the classroom, embracing the unique journey of each individual. Here, we recognise that personal development is a key pillar in shaping resilient, confident, and empathetic individuals who are prepared to navigate the challenges of the ever-evolving world.
We are proud to have achieved the Silver SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social, and Cultural) Award. This is a testament to our students and their exceptional qualities and achievements. In addition, we have achieved the International School Award Foundation Certificate: Introducing Internationalism which shows excellent promotion of the benefits of learning in a global context.
Our curriculum allows students optimum opportunities for personal development which you can read about in a selection of our 8 year overviews below:
Personal Development plans
Alongside our curriculum, students have access to a culturally rich education including enrichment experiences and opportunities such as:
- Forest school
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- 50 things to do outdoors
- Participation in SEND ambassadors
- Educational visits to local and national places of interest
- Fundraising and charity events
- Residentials (including camping, Lea Green and seaside holidays)
- Music lessons
- In school subject specialists including communication and music
- Catharsis therapeutic input
Students also have access to a curriculum that is build with the holistic and progressive view of 'preparation for adulthood'. This education is a comprehensive program that equips our students with practical skills, real-world experiences, and a strong sense of responsibility. Students participate in:
- Community work placements
- Duke of Edinburgh volunteering
- School based work experience opportunities
- A school online shop, linked to enterprise projects.